CCDC General Meeting – April 24th
Here is our Agenda – and some important information – for the upcoming General Membership Meeting scheduled for Sunday, April 24th from 3:00 – 5:00 PM (virtually by Zoom). This email has lots of important information, forgive us for the length! Register using the registration link below.
- Approval of Chair’s Agenda – Chair Joe Z.
- Approval of the February Minutes – Sec. Angel B.
- February’s meeting here: CCDC Meeting (Passcode: #42QA&1N)
- Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer Marcia S.
- Upcoming Events – State Convention – Bev U. Vice-Chair MDP
- Municipal Committee Report – Rachel H. Scarborough Chair
- Election of Additional Delegates to Convention
- Introduction to the New Anti-Racism and Inclusion Committee Chair – Robert D.
- Introduction to the Coordinated Campaign Field Organizer – Noah L.
- Election of New General Membership
- County Candidate Introductions – Time Limited
- Paul Aranson – Democrat for Judge of Probate
- Kevin Joyce – Democrat for Sheriff
- Stephen Gorden – Democrat for District 3 Commissioner
- Patricia Smith – Democrat for District 4 Commissioner
- James Cloutier – Democrat for District 5 Commissioner
- New Business
Support our Clean Elections Candidates By April 20th
Clean elections candidates for the State House and State Senate candidates need $5 donations in order to receive public funding for their campaigns. You can support them by donating today or by sharing the below link for other Democratic voters in your community! Click here to make a $5 contribution to your local State House and Senate candidates.
Still Want to be A Delegate to the State Convention?
County Committees can hold vacancy filling elections for State Delegates to the upcoming Convention in May. You can still be a delegate if you’re interested! We will fill open slots at the April 24th meeting. Any Democrat in Cumberland County can run.
Run For State Committee!
Want to represent Cumberland County on the Democratic State Committee (DSC)? Anyone wishing to run for DSC must take out a petition and collect 10 online delegate signatures by 4/29. This includes the current DSC members. More information about this process is available here: https://www.mainedems.org/petitions
Tickets for the Democratic State Convention are Now Available!
Every two years, Dems from all corners of Maine come together to shape the future of the party. It’s an incredible weekend combining important decision-making and powerful community-building! We encourage all who are able and comfortable to join us in Bangor and attend the Convention in-person. However, you must purchase a ticket to attend the Convention both in-person and remotely.
Also – if you’ll be attending in-person in Bangor, you can join us for breakfast and lunch on Saturday – a unique opportunity to meet Democratic leaders from across the state! Tickets are sold separately.
Convention Awards – Nominate a Fellow Democrat
One of the most important functions we can do at the Maine Democratic Party is recognize those people who are exceptional in their ﬁeld. Whether it is public service, party activism, or volunteerism, we’re seeking to recognize three individuals for outstanding contributions to the Democratic Party. More information and award criteria is available on the MDP website and click here to nominate a Fellow Democrat.
The Maine Democratic Party is Hiring!
Coordinated Campaign Voter Protection Director – The Voter Protection Director will develop, implement, and manage a robust voter protection program, ensuring free and fair elections in Maine.
Field Organizers – Field Organizers will be a critical part of our field team, working to mobilize volunteers and voters ahead of the 2022 election.